Join our team!
Tired of working in 100+ degrees? What if your shop was air conditioned to take the edge off?!? Slinging ink all day and nobody cares what it looks like as long as it gets off the press? What if you worked in an award winning shop where quality matters?!? What if you can learn more about your craft from world class consultants that come and visit our shop on regular basis? Would you like to be on state of the art equipment and help develop/test new inks and equipment? Oh, did we mention that we pay more then most shops in US? I guess that would matter too! Like long weekends? We currently offer a 4 day (10/40 hour) work week.
Textile Press Operator, Automatic
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Pay based on experience.
Responsible for setting up and operating an automatic textile screen printing press according to written and/or verbal instructions, established company procedures, safety, and quality guidelines. Capable of solving printing problems, making adjustments to mechanical operation of press to keep quality, registration, color, and production speed at optimum. Has good understanding of ink systems, and can print line, halftone, and simulated/four-color copy on a variety of substrates by performing the following duties personally or through assistant personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives production order and job assignments from supervisor. Reads job order to verify quantity to be printed, overrun tolerance, color sequence, and substrate.
- Obtains production screens and check them for proper color sequence and quality.
- Places production screens in proper color position on the press and properly align and position the screens.
- Tests the registration of the print design by allowing the machine to cycle automatically, printing on material scraps until one scrap is printed with complete design.
- Inspect the print for proper location relative to garment size.
- Secures supervisor or art Department approval for production run.
- Sets dryer for proper drying or curing.
- Prints job maintaining optimum production rate, color density, registration, and quality standard within established company and customer guidelines, replacing misprinted or unacceptable garments to obtain customer order quantities.
- Solves printing problems.
- Prints line, halftone and simulated/four-color copy on a variety of substrates.
- Responsible for directing the work of press helper and/or printing assitant.
- Completes production records.
- Ensures proper cleanliness of press, work station, and immediate press area.
This job has no supervisory duties, but is responsible for providing guidance to the printing assistant. Carries out conduct and leadership responsibilities in accordance with company policies, procedures, safety, and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have good judgment of color, design, and printing quality.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates.